There is an ever-changing environment relative to COVID-19 and the Chamber is working with all of our Community and Governmental agencies to provide you with the best information possible. We have been sending regular updates out to our member businesses and fielding their inquiries and concerns and will do the same for anyone reaching out to us.
Weekly Public Health Officer Updates
Each Monday, at 9:45 a.m., Dr. Tom Locke, Public Health Officer for Jefferson County, will be giving regular public updates about COVID-19 during the County Commissioner’s weekly meetings. (If Dr. Locke has a conflict, Public Health will provide the briefing on his behalf). The COVID-19 Updates are livestreamed for viewing on the internet, and also are recorded for on-line viewing on demand anytime thereafter.
The weekly COVID-19 Update is an opportunity for all local governments, members of the public, and businesses to tune at 9:45 a.m. to get accurate public health information on COVID-19 from our Public Health Officer.
- To see live or recorded videos of the County Commissioners’ meeting including Dr. Locke’s 9:45 a.m. update, go to www.co.jefferson.wa.us and click on “Videos of Meetings” on the lower left side of the screen.
Outdoor Recreation Updates
Olympic National Park
Closed as of March 17:
- Olympic National Park Visitor Center & Wilderness Information Center in Port Angeles
- Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center (Hurricane Ridge Road is closed beyond the Heart O' the Hills entrance station)
- Hoh Rain Forest Visitor Center
- Updates will be posted to the park website and social media channels. Visitors can call our general information line at 360-565-3130 with questions. Wilderness Information Center staff are available by phone at 360-565-3100 for questions about permits and reservations. Current road, campground, and weather information is also available by calling our recorded line at (360) 565-3131 updated daily. Weather and conditions at Olympic can change quickly. Check road, campground, trail conditions, and weather information before your visit.
Camping on State Lands
To assist in reducing the spread of C-19 all campsites, roofed accommodations (such as cabins, yurts and vacation houses), group camps and day use facilities are closed through April 30, 2020. If you have a reservation, you will be you will be contacted for a refund.
Public Wifi Locations