The responsibilities of a Construction Superintendent are to supervise, coordinate and manage all residential home construction in the community assigned, including scheduling subcontractors, resolving day-to-day problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and supervise daily trade partner activities by following BuildPro job schedules and business partner signed scopes of work.
- Plan and schedule all construction activities on homes from start to finish in the assigned community.
- Inspect and ensure that work complies with City/County/State requirements and building codes.
- Maintain homes under construction in addition to the community itself in a condition presentable to our customers and within the acceptable standards of the company.
- Provide trade partner feedback to the Director of Construction concerning the trade partner’s timeliness and attention to detail
- Communicate construction progress and home completion date to the Director of Construction by accurately updating the BuildPro To-Do List and JME.
- Work closely with the entire construction team to ensure open communication on all matters; develop a strong environment conducive to the proactive resolution of issues and a strong commitment to producing a quality product
- Maintain the construction documents (lot files, trade associate files, and plan rack) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available to management and the other field associates.
- Conduct pre-construction meeting, if applicable, with the customer and oversee the construction, inspection, and scheduling of the entire home using inspection forms, plans, and procedures
- Review and approve start packages before beginning the construction of homes.
- Act proactively to resolve homebuyer or homeowner issues.
- Recruit, actively communicate with and train trade associates on safety, quality requirements, and payment procedures, to assure a solid vendor base.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all applicable building codes and OSHA job safety regulations.
- Secure the companies property and protect it from theft, vandalism, and damage.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s safety program.
- Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a construction-related field
- Experience with the home building process and practices.
- Knowledge of building codes, understanding of critical path scheduling methods, and safety.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record and valid auto insurance coverage
- Working knowledge of current technology such as iPads, iPhones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is primarily an active position that requires the Construction Superintendent to have the ability to work more than eight hours a day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be more than 50 pounds. The Construction Superintendent must be able to operate computer equipment, see, speak, and hear. Finger dexterity is required to operate an iPhone. Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions, around hazardous chemicals, dust, and dirt.