Job Description: Operations Manager - Economic Development Council of Jefferson County
Location: Port Townsend, WA
About Us: The Economic Development Council of Jefferson County (EDC Team Jefferson) is dedicated to supporting a healthy and vibrant economy in our region. We work in partnership with businesses, local governments, and community groups to identify and develop opportunities for sustainable growth. Our mission is to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in our community.
Position Overview: The Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the EDC. This role involves overseeing internal processes, managing projects, liaising with stakeholders, communications and ensuring that the organization's goals align with our commitment to economic development.
Location: Jefferson County, WA. In-person at our Port Townsend office.
Status: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt. Approximately 40 hours per week, M-F.
Compensation: $25/hr, plus signing bonus
Benefits: Bronze Health Care plan
Proposed Start Date: Position available immediately, ideally starting Sept 2023.
1. Operational Leadership: Work as a part of a team to fulfill day-to-day operational activities, ensuring efficiency, productivity, and performance, including day to day support of Board, staff and volunteers.
2. Project Management: Work with team members on EDC projects, fostering a collaborative and results-driven environment. Opportunity to oversee special projects.
3. Stakeholder Relations: Cultivate strong relationships with community partners, local government officials, and business leaders.
4. Budgeting & Financial Management: Basic bookkeeping and coordination of activities with external CPA and the EDC team, including A/R, A/P and report preparation.
5. Process Improvement: Identify and implement operational best practices, technology solutions, and process improvements.
6. Communication: Work with a social media contractor on EDC messaging and promotion.
7. Reporting: Develop reports on operations, initiatives, and outcomes for the executive team, board of directors and funding partners.
8. Compliance: Ensure operations adhere to local regulations, industry standards, and organizational policies.
· Preferred, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Economic Development, or related field;
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in operations management or a related role, preferably in economic development or public sector.
· An understanding of economic development principles and practices.
· Demonstrated ability work toward a common mission within a team.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Proficient in project management and data analysis tools.
· Strong bookkeeping/accounting acumen and experience in budget management.
· A working knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft and Google suite, newsletter software
· Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
· Proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
What We Offer:
· Salary and benefits package.
· Opportunity to make a tangible impact in the community.
· Collaborative and supportive work environment.
· Professional development and personal capacity building opportunities.
· Flexible schedule.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
The Economic Development Council of Jefferson County is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.